About Adult ADHD
Common Signs and Symptoms of ADHD
- Difficulty concentrating on what people are saying
- Difficulty keeping your life in order and losing track of time
- Missing important details and struggling to complete tasks
- Waiting until the very last minute to do things
- Intense feelings in response to feedback or mistakes
- Forgetfulness – often having to return home to collect important items
- Frequent daydreaming, fantasising or catastrophising
- An ever-growing to-do list running around your head
- Jumping in to finish people’s sentences
- Intense feelings of laziness
Unlock Clarity: Schedule Your ADHD Assessment Today
Why Choose Fortitude Wellbeing For ADHD Assessments in Melbourne?
- Expert Analysis
- Personalised Approach
- Comprehensive Support
- Latest Research
- Comfortable Environment
- Community Reputation
The ADHD Assessment Process
At Fortitude Wellbeing, our evaluations align with the Australian Clinical Practice Guidelines, encompassing semi-structured clinical interviews, standardised scales and psychometric tests over multiple consultations.
The Importance of Psychological Testing
- 3 x 1-hour clinical consultations
- Administration of ADHD validated measures
- Full clinical and psychosocial assessment
- Full developmental, mental health and medical history (school reports or doctors’ referral letters can be useful)
- Observer reports of the person’s symptoms or mental state
- Assessment Report
- Recommendations for treatment and support
Multimodal Treatment and Support
Pharmacological (Medication) Treatment
Nonpharmacological (Psychology) Treatment
- Building self-awareness
- Increasing self-esteem and self-worth
- Attention and concentration
- Time management
- Mindfulness based strategies for mood management, anxiety, depression, etc
- Positive self-talk and mindset strategies
- Distress tolerance strategies
- Physical activity and a healthy diet
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does an ADHD assessment typically take?
The duration can vary based on individual needs. Typically, it involves an initial consultation followed by two or more assessment sessions. In total, you might expect it to take a few hours spread over several appointments.
Do I need a referral from my GP to get assessed at Fortitude Wellbeing?
While a referral can be helpful, it’s not always necessary. We recommend reaching out to our clinic directly to discuss your specific situation and any prerequisites.
What happens after the assessment?
After the assessment, we provide detailed feedback on the findings. If a diagnosis is made, we’ll discuss potential treatment options, resources, and strategies to support you in managing ADHD.
Can adults also be diagnosed with ADHD at Fortitude Wellbeing?
Absolutely. ADHD isn’t just a childhood condition. At Fortitude Wellbeing, we specialise in ADHD assessments for adults, recognizing that many adults have gone undiagnosed in the past.
Will my insurance cover the ADHD assessment?
Coverage varies depending on your insurance provider and plan. We recommend checking with your insurer directly. Additionally, our team at Fortitude Wellbeing can provide guidance on potential costs and payment options.